With our student-athletes completing finals week and preparing to spend some down time over the holidays, ACC Hockey is in the middle of it's 24th season. Though this season has much more ice time remaining, the student-athletes, coaches, and team staffs have already achieved historic results for the year:
- The ACC Stephen Russell Tournament had a record number of teams competing (16), number of games (24), number of student-athletes participating in the skills competition (126), and the greatest support in time, effort, and finances from our sponsors, Kelly and Brady Buckley.
- For the first time in ACC history, there are three undefeated teams in league competition at the holiday break: NC State University, Georgetown University, and University of Virginia. All three teams have clinched a berth in the ACC Championship Tournament.
- Highest ACHA ranking of any ACC Team: NC State at #3.
- Highest number of ACC teams ranked in the ACHA Top 25 (8): #3 NC State, #11 Virginia, #12 Georgetown, #14 Saint Joseph's, #17 George Washington, #21 Wake Forest, #23 James Madison, #24 UNC-Charlotte.
- League Parity: No team has been mathematically eliminated from the ACC Championship Tournament at the end of the season.
Congratulations and to the student-athletes and coaches for making this the most impressive season in ACC Hockey. Additionally, the support we have received from university athletic administrations, sponsors, and Kelly/Brady Buckley has been unprecedented and most sincerely appreciated. Looking forward to the exciting second half of the season which will conclude in Winston-Salem with our Championship Tournament.